CALL FOR ENTRIES
the Clay Studio of Missoula presents
International Cup 2016
February 5-26, 2016 - juried by Josh DeWeese
International Cup 2016, at the Clay Studio of Missoula, is an exhibition showcasing ceramic work that explores the infinite possibilities of the idea of a cup.
Applications due November 12, 2015 before midnight MST.
Entries accepted July 1-November 12
- Application must be RECEIVED no later than November 12, 2015
- Notification will be emailed by December 18, 2015
- Work due at the Clay Studio January 21-29, 2016
- Exhibition dates: February 5-26, 2016
- applications must be submitted online at https://theclaystudioofmissoula.submittable.com/submit
- Open to artists worldwide
- Size may not exceed 16 inches or 15 lbs.
- Work must be made primarily of clay
- Each artist can enter up to two pieces
- All exhibited work must be for sale
- Work which differs from the submitted slides will be disqualified
- Non adherence to rules may be cause for disqualification
- the Clay Studio receives a 40% commission on all sold work
FREIGHT AND INSURANCE
- The artist is responsible for freight and insurance on the work to and from Missoula, MT. The Clay Studio is responsible for insurance during the exhibition.
DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
- digital images only, submitted online at https://theclaystudioofmissoula.submittable.com/submit
- 1 or 2 images per applicant.
- Image file names must include the image number, your last name, and your first initial (ex. 1. DoeJ, 2. DoeJ)
- Please be sure to include the information for each piece enteres in the appropriate text box on the online submission form with each file name you are uploading (title, medium, firing method, dimensions, date, and retail price)
click here to enter on or after July 1, 2015
Please DO NOT email images or paper work to the Clay Studio. All submissions must go through:https://theclaystudioofmissoula.submittable.com/submit to be considered, and will only be accepted July 1-November 12, 2015. Thank you!
Click here for a printable copy of the prospectus
about our juror:
Josh DeWeese is a ceramic artist and educator. He is currently an Associate Professor of Art teaching ceramics at Montana State University in Bozeman, where he and his wife Rosalie Wynkoop have a home and studio. DeWeese served as Resident Director of the Archie Bray Foundation for the Ceramic Arts in Helena, Montana from 1992-2006. He holds an MFA from the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred, and a BFA from the Kansas City Art Institute. DeWeese has exhibited and taught workshops internationally and his work is included in numerous public and private collections.
If you have any questions about International Cup 2016, please contact the studio at 406-543-0509 or via email at email@example.com
Past juried shows
- All About Porcelain, 2015, juried by Beth Lo
- International Cup 2014 juried by Tara Wilson
- Out of the Blue, juried by Trey Hill (2013)
- International Cup 2012 juried by Jayson Lawfer and Emily Schroeder Willis
- Soda Salt National V, 2010 juried by Julia Galloway
- International Cup 2009 juried by Patti Warashina
- Soda Salt National IV, 2008 juried by Jim Koudelka
- International Cup 2006, juried by Richard Notkin