the Clay Studio of Missoula presents
International Cup 2014
February 7-28, 2014 - juried by Tara Wilson
International Cup 2014, sponsored by the Clay Studio of Missoula, is an exhibition showcasing ceramic work that explores the infinite possibilities of the idea of a cup. Juried by Tara Wlson, past jurors include Jayson Lawfer and Emily Schroeder (2011), Patti Warashina (2009) and Richard Notkin (2006).
Applications due November 13, 2013
- Application must be RECEIVED no later than November 13, 2013
- Notification will be emailed December 16, 2013
- Cups due at the Clay Studio January 20-28, 2014
- Exhibition dates: February 7-28, 2014
- applications must be submitted online at https://theclaystudioofmissoula.submittable.com/submit
- Open to artists worldwide
- Size may not exceed 20 inches or 15 lbs.
- Work must be made primarily of clay
- Each artist can enter up to two pieces
- All exhibited work must be for sale
- Work which differs from the submitted slides will be disqualified
- Non adherence to rules may be cause for disqualification
- the Clay Studio receives a 40% commission on all sold work
FREIGHT AND INSURANCE
- The artist is responsible for freight and insurance on the work to and from Missoula, MT. The Clay Studio is responsible for insurance during the exhibition.
DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
- digital images only, submitted online at https://theclaystudioofmissoula.submittable.com/submit
- 1 or 2 images per applicant.
- Image file names must include the image number, your last name, and your first initial (ex. 1. DoeJ, 2. DoeJ)
- Please be sure to include the information for each piece enteres in the appropriate text box on the online submission form with each file name you are uploading (title, medium, firing method, dimensions, date, and retail price)
Please DO NOT email images or paper work to the Clay Studio. All submissions must go through:https://theclaystudioofmissoula.submittable.com/submit to be considered. Thank you!
Click here for a printable copy of the prospectus
about our juror:
Tara Wilson is a studio potter living in Montana City, Montana. Wilson received a BFA from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in 2000 and an MFA degree from the University of Florida in 2003. She has been a resident artist at The Archie Bray Foundation and The Red Lodge Clay Center. Wilson was selected as an emerging artist for the 2006 NCECA conference and was a presenter at the 2006 International Woodfire Conference in Flagstaff. She has given lectures and workshops throughout the United States; and her work has been exhibited internationally. Wilson was a demonstrator at the 2009 NCECA conference in Phoenix, AZ.
If you have any questions about International Cup 2014, please contact the studio at 406-543-0509 or via email at email@example.com
Past juried shows
- Out of the Blue, juried by Trey Hill (2013)
- International Cup 2012 juried by Jayson Lawfer and Emily Schroeder Willis
- Soda Salt National V, 2010 juried by Julia Galloway
- International Cup 2009 juried by Patti Warashina
- Soda Salt National IV, 2008 juried by Jim Koudelka
- International Cup 2006, juried by Richard Notkin