CALL FOR ENTRIES
the Clay Studio of Missoula presents
All About Porcelain
February 6-27, 2015 - juried by Beth Lo
All About Porcelain, sponsored by the Clay Studio of Missoula, is an exhibition showcasing ceramic work that explores the variety of approaches in works created with porcelain. Submitted entries may range from functional, sculptural, or any works that are mainly created with porcelain.
Applications due November 14, 2014
- Application must be RECEIVED no later than November 14, 2014
- Notification will be emailed by December 19, 2014
- Work due at the Clay Studio January 21-29, 2015
- Exhibition dates: February 6-27, 2015
- applications must be submitted online at https://theclaystudioofmissoula.submittable.com/submit
- Open to artists worldwide
- Size may not exceed 20 inches or 20 lbs.
- Work must be made primarily of clay
- Each artist can enter up to two pieces
- All exhibited work must be for sale
- Work which differs from the submitted slides will be disqualified
- Non adherence to rules may be cause for disqualification
- the Clay Studio receives a 40% commission on all sold work
FREIGHT AND INSURANCE
- The artist is responsible for freight and insurance on the work to and from Missoula, MT. The Clay Studio is responsible for insurance during the exhibition.
DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
- digital images only, submitted online at https://theclaystudioofmissoula.submittable.com/submit
- 1 or 2 images per applicant.
- Image file names must include the image number, your last name, and your first initial (ex. 1. DoeJ, 2. DoeJ)
- Please be sure to include the information for each piece enteres in the appropriate text box on the online submission form with each file name you are uploading (title, medium, firing method, dimensions, date, and retail price)
Please DO NOT email images or paper work to the Clay Studio. All submissions must go through:https://theclaystudioofmissoula.submittable.com/submit to be considered. Thank you!
Click here for a printable copy of the prospectus
about our juror:
Beth Lo was born in Lafayette, Indiana, to parents who had recently immigrated from China. She received a Bachelor of General Studies from the University of Michigan in 1971, and then studied Ceramics with Rudy Autio at the University of Montana receiving her MFA in 1974. She assumed his job as Professor of Ceramics there when he retired in 1985, and was honored with the University of Montana Provost’s Distinguished Lecturer Award in 2006. Much of Beth’s ceramic and mixed media artwork revolves around issues of family and ethnicity. She has exhibited her work internationally, and has received numerous honors including the United States Artists Hoi Fellowship in 2009, a National Endowment for the Arts Visual Artist Fellowship Grant in 1994, a Montana Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship in 1989 and an American Craft Museum Design Award in 1986. Beth is also active as a bass player and vocalist for several musical ensembles including The Big Sky Mudflaps and Salsa Loca.
If you have any questions about All About Porcelain, please contact the studio at 406-543-0509 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Past juried shows
- International Cup 2014 juried by Tara Wilson
- Out of the Blue, juried by Trey Hill (2013)
- International Cup 2012 juried by Jayson Lawfer and Emily Schroeder Willis
- Soda Salt National V, 2010 juried by Julia Galloway
- International Cup 2009 juried by Patti Warashina
- Soda Salt National IV, 2008 juried by Jim Koudelka
- International Cup 2006, juried by Richard Notkin